Ready for your dose of The Second Scoop?
This week's headlines:
1. Armatix files for Chapter 11-style restructuring. Is this the end of the Smart Gun?
2. Washington DC may be forced to issue conceal carry permits without a "good reason"
3. Good Guy with a Gun: With race, guns, and police being such a hot topic these days, this black guy used his conceal carry permit for good, and held a white would-be carjacker at bay until the cops arrived
4. Video of the Week: Jerry Miculek shoots two double-barrelled 1911s by Arsenal Firearms. It's really incredible.
Supreme Court Says Convicted Felons Can Sell Their Guns
WASHINGTON — May 18, 2015, 10:56 AM ET
By SAM HANANEL Associated Press
A unanimous Supreme Court ruled Monday that the government can't prevent a convicted felon who is barred from possessing firearms from trying to sell his guns after they are confiscated by authorities.
The justices sided with Tony Henderson, a former U.S. Border Patrol agent who agreed to turn over his collection of 19 firearms to the FBI as a condition of release after he was arrested and charged with distributing marijuana.
After he pleaded guilty, Henderson wanted to sell the weapons valued at more than $3,500 to a friend, or transfer them to his wife. But lower courts found that doing so would technically give Henderson possession of the weapons in violation of the law. Prosecutors also said they were concerned that Henderson's friend or wife might give him access to the weapons.
Read the full article: http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory/supreme-court-convicted-felons-sell-guns-31121570
5.12.15 | The Second Scoop: Gun blogger Cops+Glocks=Death, Jersey Justice (Steffon Josey-Davis), The Second Scoop moves to CarbonTV
It's Tuesday! This week's episode of The Second Scoop is now live!
Here are your headlines:
1. Pro-gun blogger argues that cops should not use Glocks. The internet explodes.
2. Another Jersey Justice problem where Steffon Josey-Davis, a 24 year old man who aspires to become a police officer, had his career dreams shattered when a routine traffic stop turned into a felony gun arrest. Will he get pardoned like other New Jerseyans?
3. The Second Scoop is now on CarbonTV! Sign up for weekly email updates using the "Sign Up" button above, or via bit.ly/1KC4272
4. Good Guy with a Gun: Utah conceal carry holder stops an attempted carjacking.
5. Video of the Week: Saturday Night Live takes on the Prophet Mohammed drawing controversy in a pretty funny skit. Host- Reese Witherspoon
Here's another delicious scoop of 2A news.
The Second Scoop: Chris Cheng provides humor, insight, and commentary on the top gun stories you should know about. Come back every Tuesday night for a delicious serving of Second Amendment news.
About this SITE
Chris shares his experiences and perspectives on the fun he's having shooting guns all over the country.